Tim founded Modus in mid 2018 after selling his last business, an accountancy practice, in 2017. He set up Modus due to a long-standing interest in data analytics, artificial intelligence and the use of technology to improve processes.
Tim has more than 30 years’ experience in business and professional practice. This has included working in a number of sectors including professional services, retail and the not for profit sector. In each of these, the application of data, processes and systems has played a key role in his approach to the challenges faced. His previous roles include being managing director of Clark Howes Group (chartered accountants and business advisors), CEO of Watford Football Club and CEO of Rays of Sunshine Children’s Charity. He has also held and continues to hold various non-executive director and advisor positions with businesses in a variety of sectors including Watford Palace Theatre (vice chairman), Truckcom Systems Limited, Central and Metropolitan Estates Limited and Graven Hill Village Development Company Limited.
Tim’s varied career across a number of sectors has enabled him to gain wide experience, including:
- Helping to build and sell businesses
- Development of strategy
- Implementation of data management and finance systems and business processes
- Use of internal and external data to improve profitability
- Leading professional practices and not for profit organisations
- Reorganisation of a retail organisation to return it to profit
Tim is married and has three grown up children. His interests include all sports, particularly football, cricket and golf, as well as playing the piano and bridge.
Accreditations and Memberships
- ACA (Chartered Accountant), CTA (Chartered Tax Adviser), Qualified Commercial Mediator.